Opteron Dual Core Model 880 Processor
Number in Stock: 0
[Add to Wishlist]
Opteron Dual Core Server Model 880 64-bit Dual-Core technology.
VEND0R- A M D
FEATURES- Opteron Dual Core Model 880 Processor
2.4 GHz, Socket 940-pin, 2MB L2 cache, .09 micron SOI.
AMD Opteron processors with Direct Connect Architecture and
HyperTransport Technology deliver leading-edge 32-bit performance
today and enable you to transition to 64-bit computing at your own
pace, without sacrificing your x86 technology investment.
- Allows end users to run their existing installed base of 32-bit
applications and operating systems at peak performance, while
providing a migration path that is 64-bit capable.
- Designed to enable 64-bit computing while remaining compatible with
the vast x86 software infrastructure.
- Represents a new class of computing, enabling a single architecture
across 32- and 64-bit environments.
* Direct Connect Architecture
- Addresses and helps reduce the real challenges and bottlenecks of
- Memory is directly connected to the CPU optimizing memory performance.
- I/O is directly connected to the CPU for more balanced throughput and
- CPUs are connected directly to CPUs allowing for more linear
* Integrated DDR DRAM Memory Controller
- Changes the way the processor accesses main memory, resulting in
increased bandwidth, reduced memory latencies, and increased processor
- Available memory bandwidth scales with the number of processors.
- 128-bit wide integrated DDR DRAM memory controller capable of
supporting up to eight (8) registered DDR DIMMs per processor.
- Available memory bandwidth up to 6.4 GB/s (with PC3200) per processor.
* HyperTransport Technology
- Provides a scalable bandwidth interconnect between processors, I/O
subsystems, and other chipsets.
- Support of up to three (3) coherent HyperTransport links, providing up
to 24.0 GB/s peak bandwidth per processor.
- Up to 8.0 GB/s bandwidth per link providing sufficient bandwidth for
supporting new interconnects including PCI-X, DDR, InfiniBand, and 10G
- Offers low power consumption (1.2 volts) to help reduce a system s
* Low-Power Processors
- The AMD Opteron processor HE offers industry-leading performance per
watt making it an ideal solution for rack-dense 1U servers or blades
in datacenter environments as well as cooler, quieter workstation
- The AMD Opteron processor EE provides maximum I/O bandwidth currently
available in a single-CPU controller making it a good fit for embedded
controllers in markets such as NAS and SAN.
* Other features of the AMD Opteron processor include:
- 64-bit wide key data and address paths that incorporate a 48-bit
virtual address space and a 40-bit physical address space.
- ECC (Error Correcting Code) protection for L1 cache data, L2 cache
data and tags, and DRAM with hardware scrubbing of all ECC protected
- 90nm SOI (Silicon on Insulator) process technology for lower thermal
output levels and improved frequency scaling.
- Support for all instructions necessary to be fully compatible with
- Two (2) additional pipeline stages (compared to AMD s seventh
generation architecture) for increased performance and frequency
- Higher IPC (Instructions per Clock) achieved through additional key
features, such as larger TLBs (Translation Look-aside Buffers), flush
filters, and enhanced branch prediction algorithm.
-- SPECIFICATIONs -----------------------------------
HYPERTRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY SPEED- 1000MHz
INTEGRATED MEMORY CONTROLLER
- 49 to 67 degrees C
L2 CACHE SIZE
- 2 MB
LE CACHE SPEED
- .09 micron SOI
- Socket 940
- 70.5 A